COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program
Small businesses and non-profits are integral and vital to the economic and social fabric of the City of Andover. Accordingly, the Andover Economic Development Authority has determined to offer locally owned and operated businesses and non-profits, within the community, a grant opportunity to address working capital needs upon the declaration of a state of emergency by the State of Minnesota and the City. The COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program is administered by the Andover EDA. Please see below for information on eligibility and application requirements.
Purpose & Objectives
The objective of the COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program is to deploy a local pool of funds to support local small businesses and non-profits in order to ensure viability as they move past the COVID-19 pandemic and seek to re-open or return to pre-pandemic operations. This may be accomplished by some or all of the following means:
- Provide needed finances to small businesses and non-profits within the community which have been negatively affected financially as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ensure the viability of Andover businesses and non-profits moving past this crisis.
- Limiting the number of job losses as a direct result of the pandemic by assisting small businesses and non-profits in returning to their pre-pandemic employment levels.
- Limiting the number of small businesses and non-profits which would potentially permanently close due to COVID-19 pandemic impacts. Thereby also limiting the total number of potential vacancies in key commercial and industrial areas of the city.
All applicants must be eligible businesses with physical operations located in the City of Andover that have been operating long enough to demonstrate financial viability. Applicants must demonstrate that they were directly and adversely affected by the COVID-19 related peacetime emergency Executive Orders 20-04 and 20-08, including being in an industry specifically named by those executive orders.
For information on deadlines, application process, program guidelines, etc. please click on the application materials listed below. If you have any questions please contact Jim Dickinson, Executive Director of the Andover EDA at 763-767-5110.
- COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program Policy
- COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program Application
- COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program Agreement
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on August 17, 2020
Review Period: August 17, 2020 - August 27, 2020
Approval: Andover EDA Meeting - September 1, 2020