City Centre Campus Master Plan
With the acquisition of properties along Crosstown Boulevard between Hanson Boulevard and Nightingale Street by the City to provide the necessary space for the for the City of Andover to provide municipal services for the ultimate build out of the community, the City Council directed that a study be conducted with the goal of having a City Campus Expansion Master Plan that will used as the planning tool as the City moves forward with staging improvements in the City’s Capital Improvement Plan.
Timeline for the planning process was as follows:
- May 19, 2015 Consulting firm was approved (HCM Architects and Loucks & Associates)
- May 26, 2015 Stakeholders were discussed with the City Council
- Park & Recreation Commission
- Community Center Advisory Group
- Anoka Hennepin School District
- Andover Senior Center
- Andover Family Fun Fest Committee
- Kick off meeting with HCM and Loucks
- Information was gathered from Stakeholders
- July 7, 2015 Stakeholder comments were reviewed with the City Council
- Meetings were held with each stakeholder group
- August 25, 2015 Options were presented to the City Council and stakeholders in which more stakeholder information was requested
- October 27, 2015 Additional options were presented to the City Council based on stakeholder and City Council comments. A traffic study and cost analysis were requested.
- November 17, 2015 Additional work was approved
- January 26, 2016 Additional options presented to the City Council and stakeholders. HCM Architects and Loucks & Associates provide in detail to how the plan was derived and the process that went into preparing the recommended plan.
- February 16, 2016 City Council approves Preferred City Campus Expansion Master Plan
City Campus Land Acquisition
The City Council after the siting of the location for a new Water Treatment Plant and responding to the rapid growth of the community started the process in the early 2000’s to start the acquisition of properties along Crosstown Boulevard between Hanson Boulevard and Nightingale Street by the City to provide the necessary space for the for the City of Andover to provide municipal services for the ultimate build out of the community. See City Administration’s land acquisition map.
Timeline for the land acquisition (per City Administration’s land acquisition map) was as follows:
- 2003 Acquire 8 acres immediately west of current City Public Works Facility
- 2003 Acquire 1815 & 1831 Crosstown Boulevard NW
- 2004 Acquire 1853 & 1901 Crosstown Boulevard NW
- 2008 Acquire 7 acres immediately west of current City Public Works
- 2013 Acquire 15211 Nightingale Street NW (house site only of .77 acre)
- 2013 Acquire 1929 Crosstown Boulevard NW
- 2018 Acquire 15127 Nightingale Street NW (previous address 1949 Crosstown Blvd NW)
- December 2018 Acquire final 14 acres immediately west of current City Public Works