The City of Andover and the YMCA combined efforts in 2005 to provide the community the Andover YMCA Community Center. The City of Andover operates the indoor ice arena and the field house, which requires no membership, while the YMCA leases a portion of the building providing membership to use the Aquatics and 2nd Floor Fitness Center.
The Andover Community Center provides a friendly gathering place for family, civic and community groups while enriching the lives of our citizens, by providing a quality facility which offers recreational, athletic, educational and public interest activities.
The community center features a 17,000 square foot field house and an indoor ice arena with bleacher seating for up to 800 people. The Andover Community Center is open to the public and activity admission fees apply.
- Ice Arena
- Pro Shop
- Meeting Rooms
- Field House/Gymnasium
- Anoka County "Library on the Go"
For nearly 160 years, the YMCA has played a significant role in the communities it serves. The Y is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, for a healthy living and for social responsibility. A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors.
Everything about the YMCA is unique. Your results will be far different than you’ll find at any other health facility in your community. The Y is where you really belong. The Y cares about you as a person and as a valuable member of this community.
- Access to all YMCA’s in the Twin Cities & Nationwide when you travel
- State-of-the-art fitness centers
- Free group exercise classes
- Swimming pools for lessons, lap swimming, open swimming, water excercise classes
- Forever Well programs and activities for active older adults.
- Financial assistance available upon request
- Free after school youth center for middle school kids