New Buildings: Permit Application Submittal Guides
- Building Permit Application Form
- Land Survey (Boundary/Topographic)**
- Site Plans
- Soils/Geotechnical Report**
- Landscape Plans**
- Civil / Site Development Plans for Utilities - Sanitary Sewer, Water, Storm Sewer**
- Civil / Site Development Plans for Grading - Erosion Control, Drainage, Paving, Site Lighting / Photometrics**
- Building Plans & Specifications**
- Structural Plans and Specifications**
- Structural Calculations & Shop Drawings**
- Special Inspection Schedule**
- Electrical Plans**
- Plumbing Plans**
- Mechanical Plans**
- Fire Alarm System**
- Fire Suppression / Plans and Specifications**
- Energy Calculations/Certifications
- Environmental Remediation Plans
- Recycling Space Plans Per 1300.1500
- SAC Determination Letter - Prepared by City of Andover or Metropolitan Council MCES
- Commercial Kitchen Plans and Specifications - Contact Anoka County Environmental Health
- ** NOTE: As applicable, plans and specifications must be prepared and certified by a Minnesota licensed Architect, Engineer, Landscape Architect, or Land Surveyor according to the laws of the State of Minnesota. When a Nurseryman, Master Plumber or Master Electrician prepares plans and specifications for his own work, plans and specifications must be certified with the signature and license number of that individual, as applicable.
When required, land use permits, recording of land use documents, and an on-site development surety must be approved and in place prior to building permit issuance.
Required on-site development sureties may include bond, letter of credit or approved equal to insure the installation and maintenance of required landscaping. Additional sureties may be required subject to a development agreement.
Deferred submittals must be approved by the Building Official. The Architect or Engineer of record must coordinate submittal documents and must list deferred submittals with plans submitted for building permit.