Mechanical Contractor Licensing

The City of Andover issues only Mechanical Contractor Licenses.  Mechanical Contractors engaged in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, mechanical/gas fireplace installation and liquid or gas fuel piping must apply for and obtain a license from the City.  Mechanical contractors must also Register with the State of Minnesota, Department of Labor and Industry.  City of Andover Mechanical Contractor Licenses are issued only per calendar year, are not prorated and expire on December 31st. 
Mechanical Contractor Licenses may be applied for on-line or submitted to the Building Department at Andover City Hall, 1685 Crosstown Boulevard NW, Andover, MN 55304.

To obtain a new or renewed license, the applicant must submit the following items:

  • Either an On-Line Application   OR
  • A Paper Copy Mechanical Contractor Application Form.
  • A valid certificate of insurance with minimum limits of $100,000 per individual for personal injury; $300,000 per accident; and $50,000 for damage or destruction to property.
  • Minnesota Workers' Compensation  Certificate of Compliance, and
  • Pay a $50.00 license fee.