The Recycling Center will be closed from 11-12 on Saturday, July 10, for the Andover Family Fun Fest Parade! It will be open normal hours that weekend except for the one hour.
Recycling is available to all residents in the city through curbside recycling or the use of the Recycling Center. The center is open every day from 8am - 8pm and is located just off Crosstown Boulevard and Hanson Boulevard at:
1825 Crosstown Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
PLEASE: Place your recycling into the containers LOOSE. NO plastic bags at all. They will entangle in the sorting machines. We will provide a receptacle for you to leave your plastic bags at the recycling center.
WE DO NOT PAY FOR ALUMINUM/SCRAP METAL. This is a drop off location only. Please contact Alter Metal at 763-421-1187 if you are looking for a place that will buy your aluminum cans/scrap metal.
Thank you to all who utilize the Andover Recycling Center. Please help us keep our center clean and organized, by only dropping off items that are accepted. Please break down cardboard as this enables us to keep the cardboard from overflowing. Thank you!
- Aluminum beverage cans / steel food cans / plastic bottles: place together in roll-off container. Acceptable plastic is bottles only - pop, liquor, milk, juice, detergent, dish soap and hair care products (leave caps ON!).
- Antifreeze: Place container in provided receptacle next to the motor oil tank
- Bicycles: Bikes4Kids collects these and refurbishes them to donate.
- Books: A Greener Read collects these.
- Corrugated cardboard: Must be flattened, this saves room for more cardboard (no polystyrene packing materials)
- Glass: Food, beverage jars and bottles only
- Paper: junk mail, magazines, newspaper(including supplements),paper cartons(milk, juice etc.).
- Motor vehicle batteries: Place inside building.
- Scrap metal: Free of glass, plastic, wood or rubber (do not leave appliances or TV's). Lawn mowers, snow blowers, please empty of any fluids.
- Used motor oil: Uncontaminated oil only, do not pour in tank when the tank is full. Take container back with you. Other substance will ruin any usefulness of the motor oil, so please do not dump in mixtures. All other related materials may be taken free of charge to the Anoka County Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Blaine
- Used Oil Filters: Please drain, remove from box and discard box
Do NOT leave any Household Hazardous Waste. Call 763-324-3400 for information concerning HHW.
Recycling Center Hours:
8 am - 8 pm, 7 days a week