Licenses & Permits

Licenses and permits issued at City Hall include:

  • Building
  • Construction
  • Contractors
  • Dog
  • Kennel
  • Liquor
  • Peddlers
  • Rental Housing
  • Solicitors
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Tobacco
  • Transient Merchants

To view a list of fees for city licenses and permits, refer to the fee schedule (PDF). Auto, snowmobile, watercraft, bicycle, marriage licenses may be obtained through Anoka County License Bureau.

Peddler & Solicitor Permit Information

Licenses are required for peddlers, solicitors and transient merchants. An application form (PDF) needs to be completed and the appropriate fee paid.  The application is forwarded to the Sheriff's Department for review and is then approved or denied by the City Clerk.

Licensed Solicitor List

Animal Licensing

Required Information

Licenses are required for all dogs in the city. Licenses are available at the City Hall Reception Desk. Proof of rabies vaccination is required.


A 1-year license is $6 and a 2-year license is $12.

Outdoor Parties

Applications for outdoor parties may be obtained from the City Clerk's Office at City Hall.  The outdoor party application (PDF) can also be downloaded online. Completed applications should be returned at least 2 weeks prior to the party.

License Exceptions

Any outdoor party which commences during daylight hours, and is completely dispersed prior to sunset shall not need a license.