- Your Government
- Project Updates
- 2023 Mill and Overlay (C.P. 23-11A thru 23-11L)
2023 Mill and Overlay (C.P. 23-11A thru 23-11L)
Update 3/8/23: Due to lack of a quorum, the public hearing originally scheduled for these projects at the 3/7/23 City Council meeting has been extended to the 3/21/23 City Council meeting, to be held at 7 p.m. at City Hall. A letter reflecting this has been mailed to all impacted property owners.
Update 2/27/23: A public hearing is scheduled for these projects at the 3/7/23 City Council meeting, to be held at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Residents impacted by these projects should have received a public hearing notice in the mail.
Identified in the City's 2023-2027 Capital Improvement Plan is a mill and overlay of approximately 7.1 miles of City streets. Roadways identified for a mill and overlay are deemed structurally sound where a mill and overlay is still cost effective. When roadways are deteriorated past the viable point of a mill and overlay, full depth reclamation or reconstruction is proposed. An overlay helps prolong the life of the roadway and defers the need for a more expensive total reconstruction. An overlay is expected to extend the life of the streets another 15+ years before a full reconstruction would be considered.
The areas identified for a mill and overlay in 2023 include: Woodland Creek Golf Villas, North Valley Ridge, Constance Corners, Millers Woods 1st and 2nd Additions, Nature's Run, Grey Oaks, Townhomes of Woodland Creek, Village at Andover Station Kimberly Meadows, Silver Oaks, Barnes Rolling Oaks 1st and 2nd Additions, and Smiths Rolling Oaks. Also included under separate project numbers is Prairie Road from Andover Boulevard to Bunker Lake Boulevard and Andover Boulevard west of Crosstown Boulevard.
Areas identified for a mill and overlay are depicted in red hatch on the attached map (Click here).
25% of the project costs are proposed to be assessed to properties fronting the improvements. The remaining 75% of the project costs will be funded through the City’s Road and Bridge Fund. Residents in these areas will be invited by mail to a neighborhood informational meeting by mail this fall.
For questions related to this project please contact Jason Law at 763-767-5130 or David Berkowitz 763-767-5133.