Utility Billing

Andover City is embarking on a new way of sending our utility bills. Effective June 2013, Connexus Energy will no longer be providing utility billing services for the City of Andover. The city has contracted with OPUS21 to provide billing services for water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and street lights. Residents will continue to receive an electric bill from Connexus Energy, but all city services will be billed separately - on our City of Andover statement. This will enable the city to communicate with its citizens through the message center and bill inserts on a more timely basis. OPUS21 has different options for bill presentment and payment, including e-bill and auto-pay. Forms to enroll in these programs are to the right. If you are currently enrolled in e-bill or auto-pay with Connexus Energy, you will still need to enroll with OPUS21 to continue that option.
Please contact OPUS21 at 651-255-0973 if you are moving into or out of Andover or have general billing questions.

Water Service Problems
If you have problems with your water service, contact the Andover Public Works Department at 763-767-5180.

City Services
Please be aware that discontinuing your electrical service with Connexus Energy does not terminate your city services. As the owner of the property, you are responsible for all fees and services at this address until the property is transferred to a new owner. If you choose not to pay these services now, the fees will be assessed to your property taxes.

If your home is in foreclosure, the city services remain your obligation until the financing company takes possession of the property. Please be sure to remind your financing company of this.

If you are filing bankruptcy and wish to have your city services listed as part of the bankruptcy filing, you must list the City of Andover as a creditor on the filing. The balances for city services are not automatically included when Connexus Energy is listed.

The property owner is ultimately responsible for city services.

Delinquent Utility Bills
The City of Andover has the authority to certify to the property taxes any outstanding utility bills as a special assessment. Certification occurs in the month of November each year for delinquent utility bills.

New Andover Residents
New property owners should note, if you recently purchased a home within the City of Andover, you may want to verify that the final utility bill was paid by the previous owner. Any outstanding utility bill (water, sanitary sewer, storm water and street lights) will be certified to your property as a special assessment. If your property has an outstanding final utility bill, you may want to contact your title company to see if any money was held in an escrow account.